Jazz in Schools
JAG is in schools, making a significant impact on thousands of people each year through assembly performances and residencies, professional development for educators, and arts integrated projects. Jazz offers a fresh approach to creating and thinking and can serve as a vehicle for learning and processing information. Our musicians interact with audiences and our programs provide a balance of knowledge, conceptual understanding and skill development.
- We teach past the auditorium and into the classroom.
- We teach past the technical aspects and into the spaces for creativity.
- We teach past the group and into development of the individual.
- We encourage listening. We encourage creativity and curiosity.
- We bolster higher level thinking at every grade level.
- All That Jazz (4-6)
- Newberry Medal Award winning book, Bud, Not Buddy
- Jazz 4 Kids (K-5)
- Jazz 4 Kids (K-2)
- Creative Hybrids (high school composition)
- Studio recording of You’re A Lot Like Me
- Cultural journeys of Where in the World is Reggie Jackson?
- Exploration of change: American Resilience
- Research of our neighborhood: Beyond the Blackberry Patch
- Building character: Sweet Rosa (coming soon)
- Discovering our roots: The Blues: America’s Storyteller (coming soon)