- Internship opportunities are best suited for (but not limited to) students who are Music and Business, Music Performance, Music Education, or Bachelor of Arts (with a concentration in music) majors. The internship is also appropriate for young professionals seeking experience with non-profit arts organizations.
- JAG internships are non-paid.
- JAG Interns will have the opportunity to learn about Jazz Arts Group during the vibrant spring season. The interns will work hands on with the Education Director, Marketing Director, Orchestra Manager, Librarian and will be given a “behind the scenes” experience for 3 months of concerts, educational programs, and fundraising.
- Professional experience will include: office duties, working with guest artists, assisting the Marketing Director in various capacities, attending staff meetings, attending rehearsals/sound checks and performances of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra, attending rehearsals/sound checks and performances of Jazz Arts Group Presents concerts, selling merchandise for guest artists.
- JAG Interns must have the ability to lift 25 pounds or more.
- JAG Interns must have a letter of recommendation/support from their current college music professor or advisor.
- JAG Interns should be able to exhibit an extremely high work ethic as demonstrated by grade point average, letter of recommendation, and work experience.
- JAG Interns will create a personal statement (minimum of 300 words) describing how they feel this opportunity would benefit their career goals.