As we begin our celebration of 50 years of jazz excellency in Columbus, join Byron Stripling, Bobby Floyd, and a host of Jazz Arts Group All-Star musicians. We will bring together past and current Columbus Youth Jazz musicians alongside your Columbus favorites for an evening of jazz you won't forget!
Jazz Arts Group has temporarily suspended internship opportunities.
Jazz Arts Group (JAG) is always looking for motivated and passionate young people to join our team to help support top quality jazz programming in Columbus. If you are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, passionate college student looking for experience with a leading organization in the arts, apply today! Jazz Arts Group is America’s premier not for profit jazz organization and is able to present unique and high quality experiences to young professionals. As a JAG intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and network with professional musicians, teachers, and business leaders throughout Central Ohio. Our interns have gone on to successful jobs in performing arts, event management, arts administration, and more! Many interns have continued to work with JAG after their internship as teaching artists, committee members, volunteers, and staff members. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your professional experiences and network!
“Interning and volunteering with JAG has allowed me to work behind the scenes to one of the biggest music staples in this city! It’s humbling to be involved with something that has rich history and reaches so many ages to spread the awareness of the arts.”
“Interning with Jazz Arts Group has been the highlight of my college career. Having the opportunity to work behind the scenes of the premiere jazz organization in our country has allowed me to develop as an educator and vocalist in the Columbus community and has better prepared me for a career in music.”
“The first hand experience I gained at Jazz Arts Group has been absolutely invaluable to me. Interning with JAG was a formative part of my college experience and helped realign me towards my current career path in arts administration.”
“This internship was engaging, educational, and entertaining. The experience allowed me to flourish in an arts administration role and taught me how to best engage with our patrons. I would recommend this internship to anyone looking to grow their knowledge of the music industry and has a passion to perpetuate the success of the arts.”
- Internship opportunities are best suited for (but not limited to) students who are Music and Business, Music Performance, Music Education, or Bachelor of Arts (with a concentration in music) majors. The internship is also appropriate for young professionals seeking experience with non-profit arts organizations.
- JAG internships are non-paid.
- JAG Interns will have the opportunity to learn about Jazz Arts Group during the exciting summer season. The interns will work hands on with the Education Director, Marketing Director, Orchestra Manager, Librarian and will be given a “behind the scenes” experience for 3 months of concerts, educational programs, and fundraising.
- Professional experience will include: office duties, working with guest artists, assisting the Marketing Director in various capacities, attending staff meetings, attending rehearsals/sound checks and performances of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra, attending rehearsals/sound checks and performances of Jazz Arts Group Presents concerts, selling merchandise for guest artists.
- JAG Interns must have the ability to lift 25 pounds or more.
- JAG Interns must have a letter of recommendation/support from their current college music professor or advisor.
- JAG Interns should be able to exhibit an extremely high work ethic as demonstrated by grade point average, letter of recommendation, and work experience.
- JAG Interns will create a personal statement (minimum of 300 words) describing how they feel this opportunity would benefit their career goals.
Please note: This is an unpaid internship.
All applications should be submitted via this form.