Type: Part Time/Hourly Hours per week: 25-30 hours – only guaranteed during show weeks
Weeks outside of a show week will vary in hours. Typically, shows occur twice in the month of July, twice in the month of August, second week in October, first week in December, mid-February, mid-March, and late-April. Exact dates are available upon inquiry. During show weeks hours may exceed 30+. Outside of those weeks hours will not be more than 2-4. Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends as part of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra’s regular schedule.
Overview: The Orchestra and Production Manger oversees the logistical execution of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra shows as well as the Jazz at the Lincoln Series. This includes but is not limited to: Contracting artists, arranging for air travel, ground transportation and lodging for all guests, running payroll, coordinating catering when needed. This position works closely with the Artistic Director, Members of the Columbus Jazz Orchestra, Guest Artists, Orchestra Librarian, Southern/Lincoln Theatre staff, Columbus Zoo staff, and Director of Development.
- Execute guest artist contracts.
- Book airfare, hotel, and ground transportation for guest artists.
- Transport guest artists from their hotel to all rehearsals and performances.
- Attend all Columbus Jazz Orchestra rehearsals, educational appearances that involve the guest artists and concerts.
- Prepare production outlines for each show.
- Ability to transport Guest Artists and equipment in personal vehicle.
- Ability to work with others and resolve problems in an intelligent, creative, and conciliatory manner.
- Additional duties as requested by the Artistic Director and/or Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an arts related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must be available for the majority of the required days and times, required hours available upon request.
- Basic understanding of the workings of a jazz ensemble and its technical requirements, instrumentation, sheet music and ensemble setup.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to properly represent JAG while in communication with guest artists and their managers/representatives.
- Attention to detail, prompt and detailed follow-through with communication, both written and verbally.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding personal and professional references.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Application Process: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Kimberlee Goodman, Current Orchestra/Production Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019