Jazz Arts Group is America’s premier 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to producing, promoting and performing jazz.
Jazz Academy Coordinator
- Type: Part Time/Hourly
- Hours per week: 10-15 (Additional hours available with Executive Director’s consent)
- Compensation: $15/hour
Overview: The Jazz Academy Coordinator oversees the logistical execution of the Jazz Academy and Columbus Youth Jazz programs, including participant correspondence, space set up, event scheduling/execution and related tasks. This position works closely with the Director of Education and Community Engagement, Artistic Director of the Youth Jazz program, and ensemble directors/teaching artists.
- Set up the Jazz Academy space for each scheduled event, including classes/workshops, camps and Youth Jazz rehearsals.
- Be present at each Jazz Academy program, including Sunday Youth Jazz rehearsals and all performances for the program, classes/workshop, and summer camps.
- Develop and maintain yearly database of Youth Jazz students in each ensemble.
- Correspond with participants and guardians regarding rehearsals, performances and events; secure substitute musicians for rehearsals and concerts as needed.
- Prepare sheet music for students, including copying/taping/digitizing music and additional clerical duties necessary for program execution.
- Basic photography of the program during the season as needed.
- Additional duties as requested by the Director of Education and Community Engagement and/or Artistic Director of the Columbus Youth Jazz Program.
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week with the possibility for additional hours on a case-by-case basis. Hours include Sundays from 1-6pm between September and May (Columbus Youth Jazz season) and some evenings, based upon the program calendar. Must be able and willing to work evenings and weekends and attend a weekday staff meeting each week.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an arts related field, or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of the workings of a jazz ensemble and its technical requirements, instrumentation, sheet music and ensemble setup.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to properly represent JAG with parents and community members.
- Attention to detail, prompt and detailed follow-through with communication, both written and verbally.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to devise and implement clear administrative systems.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Application Process: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to Zach Compston, Director of Education and Community Engagement via email to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 30th