Here are a few different ways in which you can help as a volunteer:
When you become involved with the Jazz Arts Group as a volunteer, you help us support the performances and Jazz Academy programs that have such a positive impact on Columbus, Ohio. Volunteer opportunities are available for both short-term and ongoing projects.
Office volunteers assist the Jazz Arts Group staff with a variety of administrative tasks, from hand addressing One Night Only invitations to sending out renewal letters and other major correspondence.
Office support volunteers should be available between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, and are enlisted on an “as needed” basis. There is not an ongoing need for office support; you would receive a call from a JAG staff member when this kind of opportunity is available.
From helping at our annual fundraiser One Night Only to manning a booth at the Jazz & Ribs Festival, Jazz Arts Group loves having volunteer help at big events. Activities could include making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at a PBJ & Jazz concert, distributing literature at a major festival, or assisting with set-up and tear-down of One Night Only.
Most events take place in the evenings and on weekends. Volunteers receive complimentary admission to ticketed events. Upcoming event dates include:
- JazZoo!, July 12, 2013; July 19, 2013; August 2, 2013; August 16, 2013 – greet patrons at gate, pass out playbills/literature, set-up/tear-down, etc.
- Jazz & Rib Fest, July 19-21, 2013 – greet attendees, represent JAG at booth, answer questions, pass out literature, etc.
- PBJ & Jazz, October 12, 2013; November 16, 2013; January 11, 2014; February 22, 2014; March 8, 2014 – room set-up/tear-down, help make sandwiches, work door, etc.
- One Night Only, November 1, 2013 – room set-up/tear-down, ushers, silent auction/live auction spotters, etc.
JAG’s outdoor usher program at the Lincoln Theatre ensures that our guests have a great time all the way to their car after a show. Our outdoor ushers work with JAG staff and Lincoln Theatre security to assist patrons as they depart the theatre and head to one of the many parking lots around the theatre. Working in pairs, our outdoor ushers are provided flashlights, asked to wear bright clothing and a big smile, and are provided a ticket to the show at the Lincoln as a thank you for their assistance.
JAG is looking for six (6) outdoor ushers for each scheduled Inside Track performance in the Lincoln Theatre during the 2012-13 season. These dates are:
- September 6, 2013 (Snarky Puppy)
- October 12, 2013 (Hot Club of Detroit featuring Cyrille Aimee)
- November 8, 2013 (Ruby Velle & the Soulphonics)
- December 28, 2013 (“Swingin’ the New Year” featuring Byron Stripling & Bobby Floyd)
- March 1, 2014 (Chris Thomas King)
- April 26, 2014 (“Brass & Grass” featuring New Basics Brass Band & The Relentless Mules)