JAG Teen Board
The Jazz Arts Group is dedicated to advancing the art of jazz through performance and education.
The Jazz Arts Group (JAG) Teen Board is a leadership development program where students with a common interest receive a more intimate look at the music, musicians, and issues surrounding the presentation of jazz. Through assisting the Jazz Arts Group, an arts organization dedicated to the presentation of America’s musical art form, students have the opportunity to take on a leadership role and receive community service hours.
Each academic year students have the opportunity to apply for membership to the JAG Teen Board, where the focus is on audience development and appreciation of the art form, jazz. Students do not need to be performers to participate.
The JAG Teen Board is composed of representatives from high schools in the central Ohio area who are responsible for learning and distributing information about JAG’s programs and events to their peers, school administrators, and teachers on a regular basis. The Teen Board then shares its knowledge at JAG Teen Board meetings that occur regularly throughout the year.
Representatives have an inside look into the jazz community through JAG events and programs where they can interact with local and international artists. The teen board provides the opportunity for participants to develop professional skills in a not-for-profit arts environment.
Important 2013-14 JAG Teen Board Dates:
- October 26, 2013, 12:30 p.m. @ Jazz Academy – Representative Orientation: ALL MEMBERS MUST ATTEND
- November 1, 2013, 6:00 p.m. @ Lincoln Theatre – “One Night Only” JAG Annual Fundraiser *Non-Mandatory Attendance
- December 7, 2013, 1:00 p.m. @ Jazz Academy – General Meeting and “Offstage at the Jazz Academy” workshop
- January 11, 2014, 10:00 a.m. @ Lincoln Theatre ballroom - PBJ & Jazz
- February 8, 2014, 1:00 p.m. @ Jazz Academy – General Meeting and “Offstage at the Jazz Academy” workshop
- March 15, 2014, 1:00 p.m. @ Jazz Academy – General Meeting and “Offstage at the Jazz Academy” workshop
- April 12, 2014, 1:00 p.m. @ Jazz Academy – General Meeting and “Offstage at the Jazz Academy” workshop
- May 10, 2014, TBD – End of Year Banquet