JAI Market Segmentation Research
The National Survey of Jazz Audiences was launched electronically in August to a random sample of several thousand jazz ticket buyers across the country. Respondents were asked questions about: 1) types of arts activities they participate in; 2) their feelings about jazz; 3) venues and environments they like to attend; 4) knowledge of artists; and 5) thoughts about how they anticipate engaging with music in the future. This survey was in the field through October 2010 and data collection has now closed.
- Click here for the Executive Summary of the Jazz Ticket Buyer Survey.
- Click here for the Full Report of the Jazz Ticket Buyer Survey.
- Click here for the Segmentation Report of Jazz Ticket Buyers.
- Click here for the Segmentation Report of Jazz Prospects.
National Research Partners with JAG for the Jazz Ticket Buyer Survey:
- Jazz St. Louis
- Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York City
- San Francisco Jazz
- Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs
- Consortium of 13 University Presenters w/ Jazz Ticket Buyers
- University of Pennsylvania – Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- University of Iowa – Hancher Auditorium
- University of Illinois – Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
- University of California, Davis – Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts
- Penn State Center for the Performing Arts
- Stanford Lively Arts
- University of Texas at Austin – Texas Performing Arts
- University of Arizona – UApresents
- University of Maryland – Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- University of Minnesota – Northrop
- University of Florida Performing Arts
- The Ohio State University – Wexner Center for the Arts
- Monterey Jazz Festival
- Scullers Jazz Club, Boston
National Marketing and Information Dissemination Partners:
- Jazz Education Network